Sunday 7 August 2011

First three pages


 Page 1
The first page had the character on the left side taken out as it didn't fit in with the rest of the image and stood out of place.
I use blending options on images such as warning signs and chain link fences to imitate the style of Tim Marrs throughout my work. I really like the strange aesthetic it provides to the piece, the brain scan image gives it some interesting dynamics in brightness and looks similar to a projection.

 Page 2

The second page was a big one and took probably the most time, firstly the room on the left I constructed out of  six images which are all just patterns, (marble for the stand, the green wall paper, the brown wall paper, the skyline through the window, the chequered pattern and the wooden frame behind it, all made just from images off of the internet) the rest is digitally painted, which I was rather proud of.

The wall which the robber is leaned against also is made of 2 images and painting, a wall paper pattern and a cracking pattern, which I blended together to only show the dark parts of the cracks picture leaving just the cracks themselves, and underneath all that it has digital paint the brushes look messy so that it makes the wall then look battered.

Also if you look at the room it has text layered over it to give some more information which blends in with the surroundings I got this idea from the American Psycho collage I done where the letters on the business card were blended into the image. The blue area on the right with the camera doesn't seem that fitting now in hindsight however I had a lot of trouble with that and it was hard to get that outcome to start with.

 Page 3

I really like how this one came out, so simplistic again the light in it was just by digitally painting paint splashes and stains of contrasting and complementary colours and layering them over one another and altering the picture until it had the right effect, I gave the object this glow to make it seem important and to draw the focus to it.
Page 3 alternative
This is the first take on it I made however I felt that the glow should be the same colour as the sphere so I added additional light blue and white layers with several other layers and blended them until I got a fluorescent glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment