Friday 5 August 2011

Another scene from the book, without any text or other additions.

I made the image by selecting patterns and using them to create an environment, there are 7 different patterns/textures in this image, which are: Marble, 3 different wallpaper designs, wood, a chess board and a city skyline.

Firstly I mapped out the walls so that I could get the shape and perspective of the room right, and then added patterns to them, to get the texture of the floor and the grittiness on a lot of the surfaces I used a brush set which I downloaded off of the internet, which are a collection of splatters, stains and dirt marks.
Everything besides the images for the patterns is painted such as the light on the wall, and the ambient light coming through the window that lands on the floor, along with a lot of the shadows and lighting effects.

I intend on adding extra parts to it, and infusing Tim Marrs' style.

I liked this set up it looks good the only thing is the perspective may be a bit mess up with the room but its not to bad. I was intending on making it look like a art gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment