Wednesday 6 July 2011

Second Poster

 The final poster feature three individual photographs of me in different poses and clothing from the other one, The first one I dressed in a big coat and adorned it with badges related to Russian law enforcement, and a antagonist in the background, I had to cover his face as the image was quite blurry so I gave him facepaint, also I really liked the character in the clouds as it can be interpreted in many ways including something to do with death, authority as examples.

I was really pleased with this poster it is moody thanks to my use of colour balance and changing the levels to make the contrast greater, however it still has humorous details such as the same person as all the characters and the cliches such as poses and a scar going across the character in the clouds face.
I was impressed with the finished background I liked it a lot it has some dreamy lighting effects thanks to the brightness of the clouds and using a lens flare to create the illusion of the sun.

Using a large amount of images from the internet and a photograph of mine for the sky I could produce this, at first I thought to change the colour scheme as the first poster was dark and cold coloured and for this I went for a warmer red, as the setting was in Russia which is commonly associated with the colour red.


I would say this influenced me in my design of this piece as it seems very cliché, Protagonist, women, action scenes and a landscape in the back, significant parts of the film on display in one way or another.
However I found a different one that looks much better than this it is a red version with better typography.

This is has again the red symbolism with Russia and the massive cathedrals in the background which I also included as an indicator of the setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment