Wednesday 6 July 2011

Here is the first poster outcome with its background also.


I was exceptionally pleased with this is has a great range of visual elements to look into and I really liked the composition on how the central figure is glowing thanks to the moon drawing attention straight towards him.
Also small things such as the police officer being behind the buildings adds depth to the image and helps distinguish the different layers of the image. 
Overall I thought it came out great, the only thing I wasn't 100% pleased with it the end of the KLEPTOMAN-IAC which partly was falling off to reveal Kleptoman. The IAC part didn't look like it had been worn away was falling off, although I did like the silly comic book name it insinuates.

In the intent of making the poster far from serious I took photographs of myself in position of every character with stereotypical clothing/ look for the characters, such as leather gloves, a black beanie and a stripy top for the burglar.   

Mostly the background was painted on photoshop using marquee tool and then filling it with colour, for the buildings and lights etc. the moon is an image of it over the top of a large circle of white which I put an immense glow around to make it stand out as well as making it unnaturally big.
Again the sky and the water are off of the internet also, and similar to the piece of me fighting my self I implemented rain into it.

At home I own a comic book called Batman: Hush, Which inside has a page which is just a whole image and the background behind that I think subconsciously influenced this, which I hadn't noticed until I saw it again.

Either way there are striking similarities however this is a illustration.
The Smog I used in the buildings on my was directly sourced from this as I remember it working well giving the effect of the mixture of light and pollution.

No comments:

Post a Comment